Sunday, September 14, 2008

Devotchka at Monolith Festival 9-13-08

Devotchka have been on my life list of bands to see live for a long time now, so I was delighted to see them headline Monolith this year. I was not disappointed one bit in their beautifully stylized stage show and gorgeous sounds. It still startles me to realize that Devotchka is four people, rather than, say, 20. Of course they added a few more people with the Devotchka strings and horns for the home town performance, and the amphitheatre filled with their beautiful music.


And, it must be said, I have a wee girl crush on the sousaphone-ist and her beautiful t-strap shoes.


Devotchka Monolith 2008
Devotchka Monolith 2008
Devotchka Monolith 2008
Devotchka Monolith 2008
Devotchka Monolith 2008
Devotchka Monolith 2008
Devotchka Monolith 2008

2 comments:

Castro (AWD) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Castro (AWD) said...

awesome pics