Thursday, January 17, 2008

Upcoming shows- February/March Edition

Wow, February and March are shaping up! Julio, Mystik and Ricardo all put together nice preview lists recently. Here's my big wish list. Obviously by February I need to a) win the lottery and b) build a time machine. Also maybe c) create a clone to go to work for me the day after shows.

February 1: Editors & Hot Hot Heat @ Ogden
Liars @ Marquis
Talib Kweli @ Gothic

February 4: Yeasayer & MGMT @ Hi-Dive (kexp thinks you should go!)

February 13: Supersuckers @ Gothic

February 14: Devotchka @ Fox Theatre (this is the only chance to see them in U.S. for months)

February 16: Everything Absent or Distorted @ Hi-Dive
Black Lips @ Bluebird (+twist&shout in-store Feb 17)

February 22: Drive-by Truckers @ Ogden
February 23: Drive-by Truckers @ Fox Theatre

February 26: Hives @ Ogden

February 28: Built to Spill w/ Meat Puppets @ Gothic

March 10: Pela @ Hi-Dive

March 4: Grand Archives @ Hi-Dive

March 7: Place to Bury Strangers & Holy Fuck @ Larimer Lounge

March 11: Xiu Xiu @ Hi-Dive
Helio Sequence @ Larimer Lounge

March 22: Beach House @ Hi-Dive
Justice @ Ogden
Bob Mould @ Fox Theatre

March 31: Sons & Daughters @ Hi-Dive

2 comments:

Jim said...

KEXP thinks you should go to all of those shows! What a fantastic list of upcoming concerts. I'm jealous!

Mystik Spiral said...

A time machine and/or a clone would be great...

Feb 1 is tough, but I think my heart belongs to Editors. I will lament not seeing Liars.

Can't wait for Yeasayer.

Won't miss DeVotchka.

Everything Absent or Distorted @ Hi-Dive?!? My favorite local band, hands down.

Pela @ Hi-Dive will be amazing. It was a small crowd last year when they opened for Brakes, still the show was AMAZING!! It made me go from liking Anytown Graffiti to abso-fucking-lutley loving it.

Grand Archives @ Hi-Dive... I am one of the lucky few so far to have an advance copy of the new album. It is, like, Everything All The Time amazing. I can picture all of us rocking out to 'The Crime Window' at the Hi-Dive.

Xiu Xiu or Helio Sequence? This is tough.

Beach House/Justice/Bob Mould... I think Beach House might win out, mainly because Papercuts are opening.

Sons & Daughters @ Hi-Dive - the real attraction may turn out to be openers Bodies Of Water. Their album is the shit.