Monday, May 26, 2008

Taste of Seattle, Sasquatch Sunday 5/25/08

The Cops have balls.

Let me backtrack. Sunday at the Gorge offered a lot of big and I suppose good bands that don't do it for me.

After abandoning the Cold War Kids midset, leaving White Rabbits midset and electing to skip Tegan and Sara, I made my way to see The Cops at the small stage. Wow! They brought back the energy and aggression and punk rock of festivals of my youth. A slightly more melodic Fugazi, they told us to fuck corporations, vote for Obama, spit water on the crowd, and basically brought the ROCK. Imagine this old lady's surprise when the singer walked into the crowd and started a mosh pit directly in front of me. I said "I'm too old for this shit" but there was a smile on my face as I watched the gentle teenagers of Washington let loose!

Also of note on the small stage from Seattle:
J. Tillman brought a sense of humor and beautiful quiet folk. The Blakes started out kind of meh but the last half of their set confirmed the hype around them. Sera Cahoone sang gorgeous country and I need to buy her album immediately! Photos below, my photographer saw different bands, so make of it what you will.
J. Tillman, Sasquatch, 5/25/08
J. Tillman
Cold War Kids, Sasquatch 5/25/08
Cold War Kids
Tegan and Sara, Sasquatch 5/25/08
Tegan and Sara
The Blakes, Sasquatch 5/25/08
The Blakes
Sera Cahoone, Sasquatch 5/25/08
Sera Cahoone
Death Cab for Cutie, Sasquatch 5/25/08
Death Cab for Cutie

No comments: