Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ghostland Observatory vs. Pitchfork

Pitchfork was bitchier than usual this morning, saddling Ghostland Observatory's new album with a dismal 1.5 rating and the description "daft punk for frat boys".

I love me some Daft Punk. And some Ghostland. Can't say the same for frat boys.

As for reviewer Eric Harvey, I've agreed with him more often than not in the past. His Yeasayer review made me seek out their album, which proved to be a favorite. No one would read Pitchfork if not for the occasional flash of genius combined with the occasional snark.

Decide for yourself gang. I've seen GLO live a few times and they always win over the entire crowd by the end of the show. It might be their very populist quality combined with lack of irony that drives the Pitchfork crowd to the breaking point.

No comments: