Monday, February 25, 2008

Magnetic Fields

Tis no secret I love the Magnetic Fields. After talking myself out of buying tickets to one of their 2008 shows -- I wondered about flying that far to see a genius who only wears brown and who hates playing live -- and talking myself into some Sasquatch tix, I now find myself reconsidering.

All reports from their NYC shows indicate some 69 Love Songs beauty overflowing on the setlist. Oh how I'd love to hear Come Back from San Francisco in person! All My Little Words, The Night You Can't Remember, and oh god, Papa was a Rodeo...

Magnetic Fields 2008 U.S. dates:
Feb 28, 29 -- Herbst Theatre, San Francisco, CA
Mar 2, 3 -- Henry Fonda Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
Mar 6, 7 -- Town Hall, Seattle, WA
Mar 14, 15, 16 -- Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago, IL

2 comments:

Matt said...

Well, you don't have to worry about flying out because they're playing in Boulder, Colorado and if you know what is best, you'll trek down there to see them. It's on October 15th, a Wednesday unfortunately, but I am totally going. I am in Wyoming as well and was ecstatic about them playing in Boulder because I'm only 3 and a half hours away from the Denver/Boulder area and am totally going to brave the weather if it's bad to see the genius that is Stephin Merritt and the rest of the Magnetic Fields.

CassK said...

It's so exciting! 3.5 hours, wow! Only 2.5 for us, but still a haul on Wednesday. Obviously it's worth it! See you there...