Friday, October 26, 2007

Top 5 bands I wanna see in a fancy concert hall

After watching Jose Gonzalez make delicate and artful classical-type noises on his guitar in the midst of a standing whooping crowd of indie rock fans, I realized a couple things. First, I'm old. Second, I was there with a classical music aficionado who kept asking "why aren't there seats? why are people talking during the performance? his fingerwork is amazing but why is the bass turned up so high?" and I had to admit her questions were valid.

It caused me to reflect on which acts might benefit from performing in a more traditional venue, say the University of Wyoming's Fine Arts Concert Hall. Beautiful acoustics conveniently located on I-80, don't let the 7220 foot altitude dissuade you!

Cass's Top 5 Dream Acts for Laramie's Fine Arts Concert Hall
5. Joanna Newsom
4. Jose Gonzalez
3. Bjork
2. Andrew Bird
1. Sufjan Stevens

Who else?

No comments: