Thursday, August 30, 2007

Best music floating around this week

While bemoaning my ill health and the lack of awesome shows this week, I spent some quality time listening to mp3s and watching the youtubes. I also watched a bunch of Buffy the Vampire Slayer reruns, but that is irrelevant here.

My favorites floating around this week... what am I forgetting?
  • A new Band of Horses song, download it free from their myspace, woohoo for a pretty voice and big guitars!
  • Who is this Scout Niblett and why do I love this song? [via pfork]
  • KEXP invited us to a super special members only performance at Bumbershoot with Tokyo Police Club, Art Brut and (OMG my secret best friend Danny w/) Menomena. The pain is not so exquisite, more torturous, as I contemplate missing it. Hoping to live vicariously through jet-setting friends.
  • Every blogger in the universe posted the Feist late night performance, but I enjoyed finding Okkervil River on my tivo as well. They'll be in Denver October 13th with (OMG my secret boyfriend) Damien Jurado. Sweet.

No comments: